Biology & Biogeochemistry
Isotopic signatures in a wide variety of complex organic compounds can reveal unique insights in biological and biogeochemical process. This is true as chemical and physical processes lead to changes in the natural isotope composition of organic compounds. The isotopes 13C, 18O, 15N and 2H provide scientists with a wealth of information on the origin of compounds, pathways of metabolism, synthesis and diagenesis as well as conditions of formation, and more.
Thermo Scientific provides you with the instrumentation to help you investigating these complex organic compounds. The Thermo Scientificâ„¢ Delta Vâ„¢Â Plus and 253 Plusâ„¢ Gas IRMS combined with our unique peripherals, such as GC IsoLink II and LC Isolink, as well as the Thermo Scientificâ„¢ Delta Rayâ„¢ and Delta Ray Connectâ„¢ are the instruments of choice to obtain high precise isotope ratio data of stable isotope systems in a variety of biological samples.
- Nitrogen Isotope Ratio Analysis of Amino Acids
- Carbon Isotope Ratio Analysis of Acyclic Biomarkers such as n-Alkanes, Phytane and Pristane
- Carbon Isotope Ratio Analysis of Dissolved Organic Matter in Natural Waters
- Carbon Isotope Ratio Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in soils and sediments
- CO2 Exchange within the Ecosystem
- Microbiology Labelling
Discover a New World of Mass Spectrometry
Utilize the New Gold Standard in IRMS
The Next Generation Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer
Continuous-flow online analysis