The Next Generation Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer
Need the flexibility to perform all isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) applications in a single analyzer? The Thermo Scientific™ Delta V™ IRMS systems combine outstanding sensitivity with excellent linearity and stability to tackle applications as diverse as δ13C analysis of PAHs in soil, 15N/14N monitoring in chlorophyll derivatives, and detection of honey adulterants. Delta V systems can be equipped with a wide range of sample preparation devices and inlets, including preconcentrators, elemental analyzers, GC interfaces, LC interfaces, and continuous flow inlets, to ensure your instrument system is perfectly suited to your application.
The Thermo Scientific™ Delta V™ IRMS offers outstanding sensitivity of up to 800 molecules per CO2 ion in dual inlet mode and 1100 molecules per ion in continuous-flow mode. Fiber optic signal transmission eliminates ground loops and other sources of electronic noise. Up to 10 collectors can be configured in a wide variety, supporting all isotope ratio MS applications in the mass range up to m/z 96, whereby the simultaneous mass range is up to ±25%. The system also offers on-line H2 capability.
The Thermo Scientific™ Delta V™ IRMS is compatible with a wide range of sample preparation and inlet systems, such as preconcentrators, elemental analyzers, GC interfaces, LC interfaces and continuous-flow inlets.
The Delta V is available in two flavors, the Delta V Advantage and Delta V Plus. The Delta V Advantage IRMS is capable of all standard applications, including H2 analysis under helium carrier gas load. The Delta V Plus IRMS delivers additional functionality for a wider scope of applications. There is full upgradeability from the Delta V Advantage system to the Delta V Plus system if analytical demands increase.
Highly robust and reliable design
- Monolithic analyzer with fixed alignment of all ion optical components, including the electromagnet, ensures unprecedented reliability and robustness
- Integrated signal amplifiers and digitizers eliminate connections for greater reliability
- Fixed-position ion optics require no alignment during installation or maintenance
- Optimized pumping strategy enables single-stage turbo pumping for all normal continuous-flow
- Comprehensive, automated diagnostics are provided for analyzing performance
Compact and user-friendly design
- Small footprint requires less lab space
- Space for on-line peripheral on top
- Dual inlet, μ-molume and multiport are inside, out of the way
- Continuous flow interfaces can be controlled from the front panel
- All pumps are located internally for less clutter and noise
Food Authenticity and Adulteration
Investigating origin and quality
Crime scene investigation
Pharmacology and Clinical Research
Medical and Clinical Research